Nowadays, the use of Google Maps is usually part of our daily activities. Moreover, it has an additional feature: the Street View. Back then, we can only view the app just like a regular map. But with the Street View, we can now explore numerous places with 360 degrees view. Users can easily navigate the streets and check the whole area.
With the help of Street View, travelers can now easily check their current location, especially if they are not familiar with the area. Furthermore, this is ideal for people who are looking for a new home or checking the area of their new workplace. It is a great achievement for modern technology with the data collected and can is readily available on the internet that can be accessed by almost everyone.
Since the development of technology is continuous, we can even use the Street View of Google Maps on our smartphones. You can download the application in Android or Apple devices. The app is available on Google Play and Apple App Store. Below is the process of how to use the Google Maps Street view.
- Go to the Google Maps App.
- Search for a place, drop a pin on the map, or tap a place marker. In the example below, you search for the Arc de Triomphe.
- At the bottom part, tap the name of the place or its address.
- In the available photos, select the one with the label “Street View” or the thumbnail with a Street View icon .
- Now you can start exploring the location.
- To explore the Street View, you can use the compass or drag the screen using your fingers.
- You can explore with a 360° view – just swipe left or right and up or down.
- If you want to see a wider view, turn your device sideways to change it into landscape mode.
- There is also the option for zooming in and out. Pinch open the screen to zoom in then pinch close your fingers to zoom out.
- If you want to share the Street View image, you can do it by tapping the screen, look for the More button or, and choose Share.
- When you are done, simply tap the Back button at the top left.
The Street View includes several features, such as: recent snapshots of video feeds every 15 minutes; see the flow of traffic in the area; vivid images of the places so it feels like you are ‘walking’ in the streets; and a panoramic view of the area, which gives you the idea of how the vicinity looks like. Therefore, Street View is the best feature added in the Google Maps.