Embed a Google Map to add value to your website
If you add a location to a website, it is easier to remember places and finding the driving directions to a place. If you add a map to your website, then visitors will definitely remember your location better and would find it convenient to reach you. Many website owners wonder how to embed Google maps to Joomla, so here is a quick guide that will help you to add Google map to your website.
Listed below are the steps which will help you in the process and make it very easy for you to successfully add Google maps to your website with our Google Maps Generator:
- Select the address to which you want to link.
- Choose the type of map: satellite, hybrid or terrain. Look closely which one best suits your needs.
- Specify width and height to make it suitable for your website.
- Once you are done with these settings, click on ‘Generate my code’.
- Now you can copy the complete code by clicking ‘>> Click Here and Press Ctrl + C <<‘
- Finally, paste the generated HTML code in the source code of your website. Please note that you can embed Google Maps on different parts of your website, like an article, an information or contact page, or widgets.
Benefits of embedding a Google Map onto your website
If you embed a Google Map on your website, it will be more convenient for customers to locate you. If they like your product, services or ideas and wish to contact you personally, they might want to visit your place. Not every visitor of your website will have the patience to checkout your address on Google Maps manually. However, if you add a Google Map to your site, they would not have to put in extra effort and would surely remember your location and the directions.
By embedding a map you will succeed in creating an interface that is visually rich and engages your users better. Such an interface will encourage your users to interact with you and thus create stronger bonds. With Google’s new API, putting up a Google Map on your website has become very easy: even a beginner can easily do it! The maps are customizable, so you can change the various properties according to your preferences.